WPA Sponsorship Drive Underway!
Each year, the Writers’ Police Academy offers and presents a program that’s designed especially for writers. In fact, we build the WPA around you, your needs as a writer, and to answer your questions and help with your works-in-progress.
We don’t use the WPA to promote ourselves or our work. There are no classes about writing or panels of agents and editors. There is no pressure to pitch your books, or to impress agents, editors, or fellow writers. No author panels or…well, you get the idea. The WPA is not a typical writers conference.
Instead, the Writers’ Police Academy is all about you interacting one-on-one with cops, firefighters, EMS personnel, forensics experts, and shooting guns, driving police cars while chasing bad guys, investigating homicides, helicopters, dogs, arson, ballistics (this is typically a “for law enforcement eyes only” workshop, so it’s super cool that you have an inside track), touring a maximum security prison (you’re going in the section where others do not dare!), an insider session about the Steven Avery case, and much, much more!
Simply put, the Writers’ Police Academy delivers what other events simply cannot.
The WPA is now in its 8th year of providing stellar workshops and only the best of the best instructors and experts. The event is thrilling and packed with heart-pounding action, but we also make certain that our attendees are pampered, as you should be. You guys work hard at your craft and the fruits of your labor are extremely obvious by the numbers of great books published each year.
Actually, we’re taking the pampering thing to another level this year. Our event hotel is extremely nice and well-appointed, and it features several restaurants and bars. AND, the fabulous Oneida Casino is inside the hotel!
By the way, the WPA’s low registration fee of only $395 includes all workshops, the Friday night reception, lunches at the academy, transportation to the academy and back to the hotel each day, and transportation to off-site workshops and session. Your hotel reservation also includes free WiFi, shuttle service to and from the airport, and breakfast each morning during the event. It’s a fantastic deal! And, Sisters in Crime is offering a huge discount to their members attending the WPA for the first time.
And, Tami Hoag is our 2016 Guest of Honor!
The Agatha nominees were released this week and the Edgar nominees not long before, and each of those lists of stars included the names of numerous WPA alumni. In my heart I know the WPA probably played at least a small role in the development of those stories.
Actually, Lisa Gardner, yes that Lisa Gardner, just released a story she set at the Writers’ Police Academy.
Her inspiration for an earlier bestseller came to her while attending a Writers’ Police Academy.
Each time I hear one of these tales of how the WPA helped someone better themselves as a writer, and it is often, believe me, I feel like a proud parent who watched his child receive an award, or graduate from high school or college.
So yes, you are why we continue to push our boundaries to even higher limits, and this year, well, we’ve gone over the moon crazy. The 2016 WPA is the biggest and best we’ve ever produced, and that’s saying a lot.
We are grateful for your continued support. Without you and our loyal sponsors we couldn’t do what we do. So, it’s that’s time of the year again when I reach out to ask for your help. We rely on the generosity of writers, businesses, and individuals for support. Therefore, we humbly request that you sign on as a WPA sponsor at one of the levels listed below. Once you’ve selected your desired level please visit the Writers’ Police Academy’s Become a Sponsor page to complete the transaction.
We deeply appreciate your support! And, of course, a special thanks to each of you who’ve supported us in the past and continue to do so today.
Click here to Become a Sponsor of the Writers’ Police Academy!
Levels of Sponsorship
WPA Hero – $20,000 and above
Contact us for details
Gold Shield – $15,000
Contact us for details
Silver Star – $10,000
Contact us for details
Medal of Valor– $5,000
– Sponsor our guest of honor, Tami Hoag! Sponsor receives one-year WPA website ad that includes a link to your website and your author photo, a six-month book cover ad on The Graveyard Shift blog, an author table at the hotel during registration/check-in, free registration and a guaranteed spot at the WPA that includes a free banquet ticket and WPA t-shirt. Includes a feature article about you and your latest book on the Graveyard Shift blog. Your name will be listed on the WPA website and in the program guide naming you as sponsoring Tami Hoag.
Commissioner – $1,000
– Sponsor a workshop or presenter! Receives one-year WPA website ad, link to your website, and author photo, six-month book cover ad on The Graveyard Shift blog, and a guaranteed spot at the WPA that includes a free banquet ticket. And, your name will be listed in the event program guide beside the name of the instructor or session you elected to sponsor!
Chief of Detectives – $500
– Sponsor a presenter! Receives WPA website ad, link to your website, author photo, and a six-month book cover ad on The Graveyard Shift blog (worldwide audience). And, your name will be listed in the event program guide beside the name of the instructor you elected to sponsor!
Major – $250
Buy the ammo! Funds generated at this level of sponsorship go toward WPA supplies and materials, such as ammunition used on the firing ranges. Sponsors receive WPA website ad, link to your website, author photo, and your name (sponsored by) listed in the event program guide beside one of the live fire courses.
Captain – $100
– Sponsorship receives thumbnail book cover and link on WPA website.
Friends of the WPA – $50 and below
– your name listed on the sponsor page.
Again, we thank you for your support!