You’ve all read the headlines, the super-real but often “Fake News” stories posted to Facebook and other social media. After all, if it’s posted on Facebook it’s got to be true, right? For example, here are a few headlines and stories I found this this morning …
- Court orders princess to stop pea-ing her bed after prince files formal complaint.
- The family of the Ugly Duckling successfully sued the estate of Hans Christian Anderson for the years of body-shaming endured by the abused duck.
- In a startling disclosure, The Beast announced today that he, too, identifies as a Beauty.
- The bodies of a local mean woman and her three ugly, lumpy, and clumsy young daughters were discovered late last night in their home. Each had a burning cinder lodged in their throat. Authorities have released a grainy surveillance photo of what appears to be a large pumpkin fleeing the scene. A police spokesperson believes the alleged pumpkin was used as a getaway vehicle. Missing from the home were two glass slippers and a fancy ball gown. There are no suspects at this time.
- Police have arrested 23-year-old Goldilocks (no last name). According to anonymous unnamed sources, the woman is charged with various crimes after breaking into the Bear family home on Pudding Street. A photo posted to Facebook clearly shows the sex offender in a bed with one of the bears. It is believed she used porridge in varying degrees of warmth to gain the trust of the bears, one of whom was a baby. Additional charges are pending, including destruction of property (a stool).
- The defendants, teens Hansel and Gretel, were sentenced to death for the brutal murder of Witch Hazel, the kind old woman who made homes for the needy from bits of leftover Halloween candy.
- The Three Little Pigs named to host the all-new HGTV show, Blowing Down Tiny Houses. Their first guest is a Wolf from a nearby village.
- Breaking News! Alice charged with trespassing in Wonderland. She’s currently in hiding, possibly behind the looking glass.
- The dish ran away with the spoon. The spoon’s parents called the police and the dish was charged with abduction. He was recently sentenced to hard time in Old Mother’s Cupboard.
- Chicken Little Now Identifies as Turkey Lurkey. Henny Penny Sues for Divorce.
- Three Blind Mice Pass California Driver’s License Exam.
- Hickory Dickory “Doc” Arrested for Over-Prescribing Oxycontin to Actors and Musicians.
- Georgie Porgy Kissed the Girls and Spent Six Months in Sex Rehab with Anthony Weiner.
- The House that Jack Built Seized by Courts After Cops Find Large Marijuana Grow Operation Inside.
- Humpty Dumpty Sat on a Wall and Was Arrested for peeping through the widow’s window .
- Jack and Jill Went Up a Hill. Jogger Finds Jill’s Body Two Weeks Later.
- Little Bo Beep Jailed as Leader of Sheep Tail Smuggling Ring.
- Little Jack Horner Arrested for Murder of Miss Muffett After Thumbprint Discovered on Muffet’s Tuffett.
- Tommy Tittle Mouse Arrested for Trespassing in Other Men’s Ditches. Will Serve 60 Days in Old Woman’s Shoe.
- Man in the Moon to Welcome Americans Who Left Earth After 2016 Election.
- Teacher Arrested for Having Sex with Mary’s Little Lamb. 22-Year-Old Educator Did Not Reply to Reporter’s Messages.
- 2,200 Pounds of Cocaine Discovered on Michael’s Boat as He Attempted to Row it Ashore on the Florida Keys.
- Italian Restaurants Ordered to Install Shields on Buffet Tables After Man Sneezes Meatball Onto Floor and Out the Door.
- Police Pursuit Takes Officers Over the River and Through the Woods. Ends at Grandma’s House Where They Discover Illegal Edible Marijuana Operation—Pot-Infused Puddings and Pumpkin Pies.
- Mary Mary Quite Contrary Burns Mouth on McMother Cupboard’s Hot Pease Porridge. Sues Fast Food Giant for 100 Million.
- Man Pops Weasel. Sentenced to 5 Years For Public Sex Display.
- Same Sex Couple Sues Baker for Refusing to Pat Their Cakes.
- Rub-a-Dub-Dub Three Men in a Tub Becomes Legal in North Carolina.
- Simon No Longer to be Called Simple Says University President. More Safe Spaces Needed. The Word “Pie” To Be Banned from Campus Conversations.
- Skipping Deemed Offensive on Many College Campuses. Lou Organizes Massive Protest.
- To Market, To Market, To Buy a
- Wee Willie Winkie Charged as Pedophile for Peeping Into Windows of Children While Wearing Nightgown.
- Yankee Doodle Charged with Fraud After Attempting to Pass a Feather as Macaroni.
What could children learn from Nursery Rhymes? Click here to find out.